These locations can help with Prevention
850 SW 4th Street, Suite 104
Madras, OR 97441
BestCare Prevention uses all six of the Prevention Strategies listed by the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, which include:
- Sharing information
- Educating youth and adults
- Providing opportunities for youth and adults to participate in drug- and alcohol-free activities
- Identifying and referring individuals who need help
- Bringing key stakeholders together, and
- Establishing local changes that promote wellness
Free training is available to community members on topics like Suicide Prevention, Postvention (to reduce risk and promote healing after a suicide loss), and Youth Leaders who train their peers in suicide prevention.
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Mental Health First Aid teaches participants how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders in our community.