Residential Associate I - Redmond, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services is recruiting for several Full-Time Residential Associates to cover various shifts at our Brooks Crisis Respite & Recovery Center due to open in the fall of 2017. Successful applicants will have strong client engagement skills, be highly collaborative with staff and care team and have great compassion for individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders. Prior healthcare experience preferred.
Title: Residential Associate I
Program: Brooks Crisis-Respite & Recovery Center
Program Location: Redmond, Oregon
Employment Status: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Program Director
Degree of Supervision: Reports to facility administrator and program supervisor for work assignments. Program supervisor will provide clinical supervision. This position does not supervise or assign work.
Clinical Services Duties include:
- Demonstrate effective assessment and management of crisis situations.
- Demonstrate effective verbal intervention skills in de-escalating clients.
- Demonstrate ability to identify risk situations and manage aggressive behaviors.
- Demonstrate active and empathetic listening, as well as recovery based approaches.
- Observe residents for changes in behavior and promptly report these changes to the appropriate personnel.
- Actively supervise and interact with clients both in the community and within the program.
- Provide support to the clients according to their individualized service plan. Provide supports for residents that help them develop appropriate skills to increase or maintain their stability.
- Maintain clean, sanitary and safe conditions, (for example, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, etc.), both routinely, and as needed. Report all safety hazards.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of safety procedures, fire drills, and evacuation plans.
- Transport clients to and from appointments and activities; provide direct supervision as necessary.
- Assist clients as necessary in making and keeping medical appointments and filling prescriptions.
- Demonstrate understanding of group dynamics and effectively intervene when necessary.
- Assist clients as necessary in completing housekeeping tasks and maintaining cleanliness of home.
- Provide direct skills training and coaching including but not limited to: coping skills, education, navigating the medical community, community living, and others as assigned.
- Assist residents to perform basic needs tasks as needed. May include assist with person hygiene, evacuation, and other Activities of Daily Living (ADL) tasks.
- Administer prescribed medications or assist with self-administered medications, following physician’s orders for all medications and proper procedures, as directed by facility nurse.
- Participate in the inventory, ordering and/or purchasing of client or program supplies, including food or medications, as assigned.
- Work closely with other staff as a member of a treatment team.
- Assist in covering shifts as needed for emergencies, coverage, and scheduled shifts.
- Maintain robust and effective collaboration with Substance Use Disorder Detoxification program
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality per HIPAA, 42 CFR, Oregon Statutes, and BCTS Policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Supervisor or Director
- A combination of relevant mental health work experience, education and/or training, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- At least two years relevant work, education, or life experience, preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of approaches to support others in recovery and resiliency, and demonstrate efforts at self-directed recovery
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships, demonstrate good communication, flexibility, and working with a team is a must.
- For individuals in recovery from addiction, they must have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
- Valid, current driver’s license
- Must be able to get along with co-workers
Tools and Equipment Used:
Must have competency using computer for work processing, databases, internet, and electronic medical record usage. Experience with Microsoft Office is a plus. Must be able to use basic office equipment including fax machine and telephone. Must have a valid driver’s license.
This position requires an individual to be regularly available for work as scheduled. Position requires professional and personal skills to cope with stress associated with work involving a high degree of mental, emotional and physical demands. This position also requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift, push and pull on an ongoing basis. This position may occasionally require an individual to lift and transfer clients using a two-person lifting technique. Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule depending on program needs.
The work environment will primarily be a residential setting and also requires occasional travel to other organizations, hospitals, and community locations within andoutside of Central Oregon. Must have reliable transportation.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon and BestCare Treatment Services.
To Apply, please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577