Come make an impact today and join our dynamic team! BestCare residential settings allow you the opportunity to assist individuals as they begin their recovery journey from drug and alcohol addiction. In this setting you will support individuals to stabilize and build back life and vocational skills in a therapeutic and positive environment.
BestCare is currently looking for a Residential Aide to join our recovery treatment team in Redmond, OR. We currently have a great opportunity for someone looking for full-time work. This position is regularly scheduled for Saturday and Sunday 12pm – 4pm, with the option to pick up additional shifts on an as needed basis.
In this position, you would fulfill the following essential functions:
• Complete initial client intakes. Transport residents to medical appointments, self-help groups, etc.
• Monitor the health conditions and whereabouts of clients as well as their behaviors and activities, ensuring safety of clients by making rounds and safety checks.
• Advocate for excellence in patient care. Work with a treatment team to maintain a health treatment environment.
• Report and or document concerns and medical needs as instructed. Respond to emergencies per site procedures.
• Assist client with self-administration of medications per protocols.
The right individual for this position has a passion for helping others and is able to deal with difficult situations in positive and constructive ways. This position also requires the following qualifications:
• A high school diploma or GED, with some training, knowledge and or experience demonstrating competence in the treatment of disease of addition, substance use or detoxification treatment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate clinical concepts and program outcomes. Bilingual skills preferred.
• Current Oregon Driver’s license.
• CPR and or First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain within six weeks of employment.
For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and from other drug addiction, they must have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
BestCare is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.