RN Outpatient Behavioral Health - Madras, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Madras, Oregon is recruiting for a Registered Nurse
Primary Duties include working with clients and staff at our adult mental health consumer center for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. Will provide assistance to our psychiatrists; includes medication management, patient vitals, pharmacy, and coordination of care with primary care providers for our mental health clientele. Advocates for excellent patient care within BestCare Treatment Services Outpatient facility. Must have the capacity to work independently as well as the skills to be a team player. Must have the ability to get along with co-workers.
This is a Part-time regular position, approximately 20 hours a week
Title: Registered Nurse
Program: Outpatient Behavioral Health
Program Location: Madras, OR
Supervisor: Program Director
Employment Status: Part Time Regular (20 hours/week)
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Employees Supervised: None
Language: Bi-Lingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
Education: Bachelor's or Master’s Degree
- Assists clients with medication management, health screenings and wellness education.
- Works closely with staff psychiatrists to facilitate patient care and medication management.
- Collaborates with co-workers regarding patient primary care.
- Administers prescription injectable anti-craving medication for adults in treatment at BCTS’ outpatient substance abuse location.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Registered Nurse
- Proven strong client engagement skills.
- Proven success collaborating with co-workers to advocate for patient care.
- Compassion towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders.
- Experience working with diverse communities preferred.
- Multi-cultural and bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- Must get along with co-workers and have skills to be a team player
For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, applicant must have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
Tool and Equipment Used:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, projector, word, excel, outlook and website maintenance
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is an office setting as well as travel to other organizations, schools, hospitals, community gathering places, etc. Travel within Madras, Warm Springs, Central Oregon and outside of Central Oregon required, must have reliable transportation.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Jefferson County.
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577