Detoxification Technician, CNA - Redmond, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Redmond is searching for an energetic, compassionate, help-oriented and team-oriented person interested in a position as a FULL TIME CNA Detoxification Technician!
Primary duties include working clients and staff at our Residential and Detox programs to provide detoxification assistance and services. Advocates for excellent patient care within BestCare Treatment Services Outpatient facility.
This is a regular Full-Time position.
Title: Detoxification Technician, CNA
Program: Redmond Residential and Detox Program
Program Location: Redmond, Oregon
Supervisor: Medical Services Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Employees Supervised: None
Education: CNA I
- Works closely with other staff as a member of a treatment team.
- Maintains high visibility at all times.
- Responsible for all aspects of the detox service area, including noise level, traffic level, cleanliness and neatness of sleeping areas, common areas and office, safety and other conditions that support client care.
- Take and record vital signs of clients at the appropriate designated intervals.
- Monitors detoxification symptoms and performs CIWA (Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment) scoring.
- Provides and documents medications under the direction of the Medical Director and RNs.
- Completes intakes per detoxification program guidelines.
- Provides motivational counseling and case management services, working collaboratively with treatment team members and other agencies, and documents services in the client’s file.
- Makes timely client interventions when necessary including: arguments, relations, inappropriate or immature behavior, and any insensitive or disrespectful behavior.
- Works with treatment team to maintain a healthy treatment milieu.
- Maintains documentation in EMR (Electronic Medical Record) system and client files.
- Answers phones and responsible for complete, accurate filing.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or Director.
- Oregon Nursing Assistant certification; Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), highly preferred. Med Aide, required
- Current First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire
- Possesses the training, knowledge, and/or experience demonstrating competence in the treatment of the disease addiction, including the management of withdrawal and client evaluation
- Skilled at motivational counseling techniques
- Experience taking and recording vital signs
- The ability to work independently and the skills to be a successful team player
- Must get along well with coworkers
- Possesses the ability to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service possible
- Proven excellent customer service skills with clients and/or family members seeking help from BCTS
- Compassion towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders
Tool and Equipment Used:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, projector, word, excel, outlook and website maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Deschutes County and prescribed by the Medical Director.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com.
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577